Hanging On and Letting Go

|

In writing that last post (and in searching through boxes of Christmas stuff for a bone-shaped stocking for Max), I thought about all the decorations that remain in their boxes downstairs. In over 20 years of marriage, we've accumulated a lot of Christmas things!  As I thought about what I pulled out to display and what I left in boxes in the laundry room, I discovered something...

I'm hanging on tightly to what's important and letting a lot of the "fluff" go.  I don't know that I even realized it until just now, but from Christmas decorations to relationships to how I spend my time--that's what I've been doing.  Hanging on to what's important and letting go of the fluff.

Maybe that's a speck of beauty from the ashes of the last 16 months...the realization that some things (both tangible and intangible) are important and need to be hung onto, while others are just fluff and can--and should--be let go.

Trust me, there's still more "fluff" in my life than I'd like, but suddenly, I have some clarity regarding what to do with it.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really like this post! Sometimes we do just have to cling to all that is important and let the rest go. Fluff can weigh us down! Sending love and hugs and wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Jamie said...

Well said!

((hugz))
Jamie

Kara said...

Thank you for sharing this Kim. This is so true!
Hugs my friend!

Lori said...

I felt the same way this Christmas! Especially with all our ornaments and decorations and such...it's really about what is important and precious to our hearts and when we are able to understand what those things are, the fluff sort of becomes easily distinguished. xoxoxoxo

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!